Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Animal Kingdom Must Do List

This will probably be my shortest blog yet :) I am really not a big Animal Kingdom fan. Don't get me wrong, we go every trip, but there really is not a lot at this park that I just have to do. In fact, we are usually done at this park a little after lunch and have yet to even see the afternoon parade here because we can't find enough to do to keep us at the park until 3:45. We tried really hard to stay for the parade last year, but we just couldn't find anything else to do to keep us busy so we went back to the hotel for a swim instead. I am hoping that we can make it this year and will finally be able to see the Jammin' Jungle Parade....cross your fingers for us.

There are a few fun things at this park. I love love love Expedition Everest, and now that my daughter is able to enjoy it as well, this is our #1 must do first thing in the morning. After we watch the opening ceremony we head straight to Expedition Everest and ride several times in a row. Next we head to Dinoland and take our annual picture in front of the cut out Dinosaur car. After that we ride Triceratop Spin about 10 times with my daughter and maybe play a carnival game or two. This year, I am very much looking forward to taking my daughter on Primeval Whirl for the first time. I mean spinning in circles and roller coasters are two of my daughter's favorite types of rides so of course she should like it as much as I do (or at least I hope so anyway). After Dinoland we will head to either Kilimanjaro Safari to get a fast pass or to Kali River Rapids for a fast pass. Once we do these two rides, we will have ridden everything we care to ride at Animal Kingdom.

We will try to see a show or two if we can time them right. There are two fabulous shows at this park that I highly recommend seeing. One is Nemo, and the second is Legend of the Lion King. Both of these are phenomenal and very much worth seeing. So, if you have a few minutes and want to take a break from the Florida heat, these are both great shows!

We don't really have a favorite lunch spot at Animal Kingdom. We have eaten at Pizzafari several times and it is pretty good and last year my husband had some BBQ from Flame Tree BBQ which he liked pretty good as well. I would recommend either of these two as a decent option, especially if you are like us and don't like to eat anything too adventurous (like some of the food of Asia or Africa). Give us simple sandwiches or pizza and we are usually pretty happy. We did want to try the new picnic in the park option last year, but we chose not to since you couldn't special order the food. My husband wanted to try a sandwich, but didn't want the veggies on it, or the mayo based sauce. They wouldn't let him order it special, so we sadly passed and went a different way. I am hoping that they either have more options this year, or that they finally allow you to order the sandwich without the special sauce. If not, we will once again probably eat at Pizzafari :)

OK, my dear husband brought up a good point after reading this post. I must point out there is one ride that we usually avoid like the plague at Animal Kingdom. My husband and I used to enjoy Dinosaur until our little angel came along. We took her on it when she turned four because she was the required 40" and we had forgotten all the specifics of the ride. This was a BIG mistake. This ride terrified my baby girl. It was a combination of darkness, jerky movements, and big overly scary dinosaurs that are a little too real that did it for her. She will probably never ride this one again. So, as a public service announcement, I urge you to experience a ride first and look at it through the eyes of your child before having them ride it if you are at all unsure whether or not your little one will like it. Sometimes, just because they are tall enough, it doesn't mean they are old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment