Monday, September 26, 2011

Time for a snack!

Now that our annual trip is almost here, I have really started focusing on where I want to eat while we are in Disney World. Usually that means I am researching sit down restaurants and reviewing menus six months out. Well, this year we have decided to just stick with the quick service plan since it is free during our stay, and also because we are going back again in a few months. In the past, we always had the regular dining plan so our big focus each day was on our sit down dinners. We would pretty much just eat wherever for lunch and didn't look into menus too much. That is all changing this trip though. Since we will be there for 10 days, we will get really tired of hamburgers if we have to eat them twice a day! There are many options though outside of hamburgers and pizzas for counter service. So, it is my mission this week to find those options and make a plan! However, as I have started this planning, I find myself focusing more on what two snacks I will have each day. How sad is it that I am more excited about the snacks than the meals! :) So, I thought I would share with you my plans for using the snack credits today.

Let's start at Magic Kingdom. There are so many options there, but we definitely have our favorites. My hubby loves the Dole Whip floats at Aloha Isle. If you have ever been to Disney, or read any blogs or websites, you have probably heard of Dole Whips. I usually prefer just the pineapple ice cream by itself, but my hubby likes the float. He gets either vanilla or orange ice cream in pineapple juice and it definitely is pretty tasty. Another favorite snack spot in Magic Kingdom is at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. They have our favorite snack, especially during the light parade or fireworks. We love to get funnel cakes here. They are super yummy and big enough to share. They also have a super yummy frozen drink that I love called the Liberty Swirl Slush. It is a frozen drink that is a mix of blue raspberry and Fanta strawberry that is super tasty!!! This year there is a new treat in I believe Frontierland that I am super excited about as well. The Mickey shaped soft pretzels!!! I love pretzels, and eating them in the shape of Mickey is extra fun and exciting. We had these at Disneyland in March and they were fun to eat! If none of these options appeal to you, then stop by the Main Street Bakery and I am sure you can find something you will love that has been freshly baked....a gigantic and gooey cinnamon roll, a homemade sugar cookie as big as a mini pizza, or a slice of cake...there is something for everyone for sure.

On to Hollywood Studios. There aren't a lot of must haves for me here. I usually get a plain pretzel here, or one of those super popular Mickey ice cream bars since there aren't any park unique snacks that I just have to have while here. There is a fun place to stop here though. I like to walk into the Starring Rolls Cafe and browse all of the yummy pasteries and snacks here. There are muffins, bagels, etc here if you want something somewhat filling, or they also have the fun items as well...the Mickey Mouse rice krispy treats, chocolate covered marshmallows, cookies, etc. Every once in a while you also get lucky and get to watch them making some new snack. Lots of fun!

The number of snacks are almost endless at Epcot. I don't even think I could begin to mention them all. Each country has their own special treats that allow you to get a taste of their culture. I haven't even begun to try them all yet! There are two especially fun places to stop here if you want to try a lot of different things. Norway and France both have bakeries with a number of different tasty treats. Since we usually visit during the Food and Wine Festival, we get to use our snack credits at all of the festival booths and try even more tasty treats. My favorite is the pretzel dog in Germany!!! OOOHHH I so can't wait. I hope it's there this year as well. If you aren't very adventurous and don't want to use your snack credits on food from other countries, but are hungry in World showcase, never fear....America is in the middle of the countries! When you get there you can get a funnel cake, a pretzel, or popcorn to help you make it the rest of the way!

Finally is Animal Kingdom. This is another park that isn't bursting with my favorite snacks. I tend to stick to old faithful here as well. I get the Oreo ice cream sandwich or Mickey bar to get me through. Though truthfully, we aren't usually here long enough to need a lot of snacks. My daughter loves to snack here though as they always have her favorite frozen Minute Maid lemonades. She loves those things and always looks forward to them. As far as my daughter is concerned, as long as Disney keeps the Mickey bars and frozen lemonades, she will be just fine and will never go hungry! Hopefully we find some new favorites on this trip for all of us since we will each have two snacks a day. If we don't though, we all have enough favorites already so that we won't go hungry in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment