Thursday, June 17, 2010

Top Five Restaurant Choices

I thought I would share my top five favorite sit down restaurants. When I first thought of this post I thought this would be a quick and easy list. Then I started really thinking about how to rank my faves and realized I didn't know where to start with the ranking. My main reason for this roadblock is due to the fact that there are only a few restaurants at Disney World that I just don't like. Another problem is that we have eaten at several many times each, but each time is a totally different experience. It is truly dependent on the servers we get each time on how much "fun" we have. So, taking all of this into account, I am going to do my best to choose my top five. Hopefully this will offer some helpful tips if you are trying to decide where you want to eat while visiting the World.

My top five favorites are:

1. Cinderella's Royal Table. There are a lot of people who would question this choice (my husband included). Yes, it is very expensive and it takes two meal ticket credits if you are on the dining plan. Yes, it is very Fru Fru and the selection is limited. Yes, you wait in a cramped lobby to have your picture taken with Cinderella before finally being taken upstairs to your table. BUT, there is nothing more magical than eating in Cinderella's Castle. Just stepping in and having them give you your "Royal Invitation" is an amazing feeling that I could never begin to explain. Also, you do get the portrait package included in your dinner which includes a picture of the castle, and one 5x7 and four 4x6 prints of you with one of the biggest Princesses known, the wonderful Cinderella herself. Plus, all three meals now include visits in the dining room from other Princesses. So all that being said, yes it is worth getting up at the crack of dawn 180 days out from your vacation to try to score this meal (in my opinion anyway).

2. Chef Mickey's. I don't know who loves this one more, me or my daughter. This buffet has wonderful food, including a kid's buffet and ice cream sundae bar that allows me to walk away from here stuffed every single time. Plus after dinner you can go upstairs and hop on the monorail and ride it around the loop to let your dinner wear off before hitting more rides in the park. The best part of the meal is meeting the characters. While they won't guarantee which characters you will see, I have always seen Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. We even saw Daisy Duck one time as well. They are all wearing chef's gear so it makes for special pics you can't get in the parks. Plus they all come to your table, so you don't have to stand in line for hours at the park to get their autographs and pictures. More time on the rides is always good in my book.

3. Whispering Canyon Cafe. This is a very loud restaurant, but most people can't help themselves from being part of the noise factor. The food choices are yummy and with the all you care to eat skillet, I dare anyone to try to walk away hungry. The BBQ ribs and chicken are delicious and the milkshakes that you can get as your drink makes it easy to put this one on my list. Plus, there are lots of activities for the kids all during dinner that keep me laughing the whole time. If you go, just make sure you ask for ketchup. After all, everything tastes better with ketchup, right?

4. Le Cellier. I have never ever had steak like this. I am not exaggerating when I say that the steak literally melted in my mouth. Supposedly the cheddar cheese soup here is amazing as well, though we did not try it. We were too busy devouring the pretzel bread that came before the steaks. I also recommend the mouse dessert here as well. It is too cute and very very tasty. The only downfall with this choice is that it is very hard to score a reservation here. In fact the one time we ate here we got lucky as a walk up for lunch right when they opened. I had tried calling many times, including the crack of dawn on the first day I could 180 days out and they never had an opening. I do know friends who have gotten them, but usually it is when they tried to schedule the meal for a day late in their trips.

5. Teppan Edo. This is by far one of my most enjoyable meals I have had at Disney World. We ate here for the first time last year, and now I wish we hadn't waited so long to try it. This is a hibachi type restaurant where the chef cooks the meal on the grill in front of you. I was nervous about sitting at a table with strangers, but it was a lot of fun. We had a sweet retired couple next to us and they were really fun to talk to. The chef was funny and entertaining and the three of us all loved it. Oh yeah, the food was good as well! At the end of our meal, they sang Happy Birthday to my daughter and brought her a tall paper chef hat that my husband enjoyed wearing around Epcot (much to our mine and my daughter's embarrassment). This will definitely be a place we return to often in the future.

Now these are my top five. Stay tuned for a list of my daughter's top five!

No comments:

Post a Comment